This week I my wife sent me a great devotion on contentment from Karen Ehman at Proverbs31.org. It’s an eye opening reminder of how the Joneses are trying to invade our lives more than ever before.
Yes, the Joneses invade our homes and our thoughts several times a day through social media and the Internet, robbing us of contentment. Why?
Comparisons always deal a deathblow to our contentment. When we see others owning, enjoying, or experiencing what we do not have, but wish we did, it may make us discontent.
I’ll be the first to admit there was a reason why my wife forwarded me this devotion. I’ve struggled with comparisons lately with a number of things. This website and my career to name a few. I even posted recently about waiting on God’s timing.
One Money Design Recap
- Get Out Of Your Comfort Zone and Achieve More this Year (Danny Kofke) in Personal Finance
- 5 Business Start Up Mistakes to Avoid in Business and Entrepreneurship
- Is Mobile Banking Safe? in Personal Finance
- Financial Tools [Christian Financial Alliance] in Christian Financial Stewardship
- Handling the Emotions of Helping Your Parents from Moolanomy
- 3 Tips to Maximize Your Investments from Oblivious Investor
- 5 Things You Can Learn from Your Explanation of Benefits from Money Smart Life
- 5 Ways to Use Your Blog to Make Money from Free From Broke
- How to Make an Interviewer Like You from Free Money Finance