A lot of people are committed to repairing their finances in the new year and getting rid of debt is a major step in the right direction. PerkStreet Financial and Lending Club have teamed up to help you with the debt part by hosting a creative contest with a grand prize of $1000! Wow!
This contest is for you if you’re willing to make a bold move and shred your credit card and stop spending more than you have in your bank account. Or, you might be tired of messing around with credit card companies and want to show them whose boss. Either way, this is a great motivator for people to get on the right track in the new year and possibly pay off $1000 in debt.
How does the contest work?
I’ve reposted the instructions below from the www.shredyourcreditcard.com website.
At the end of the contest, I get a $25 gift card to give to my favorite submitter from among the people who cite OMD as the place they heard about the contest. (There’s a dropdown on the submit page listing blog participants so don’t forget to select OMD.)
- Cancel a credit card. (Make sure you disguise your credit card number in your video, just to be safe.)
- Film yourself talking about why you’re done dabbling with debt this year, or record the most creative way you can think of to destroy your card.
- Submit your video to ShredYourCreditCard.com
- Vote for yourself EVERY DAY and encourage others to do the same on Facebook and Twitter, or via email.
- Check ShredYourCreditCard.com every Wednesday through the end of January to see if you’ve won a weekly prize.
- Visit ShredYourCreditCard.com on Shred Your Credit Card Day (Jan. 31) to see if you’ve won the GRAND PRIZE ($1,000) or any of the Second Place prizes ($300 each).
Visit www.shredyourcreditcard.com to submit your entry and learn more.