As a Crown Financial Ministries Money Map Coach, I thought it would be helpful to explain the services provided for anyone considering a coach or counselor to help them with their personal finances.
Coaching is free
Unlike many coaches and counselors, the services a Money Map coach provides are absolutely FREE. Some find this hard to believe, but it’s true. Most Money Map coaches are performing services as a ministry to help people with their finances and to teach them what scripture says about managing money from a stewards mindset.
Money Map Coaches are not employed by Crown Financial Ministries. They are volunteers who have most likely paid for their own training and operate under the authority of their local church (approved by their pastor) so that Crown can insure coaches are following Biblical principles in their teaching.
Topics not covered
Topics like investing, insurance, financial planning, and other related areas are not covered, other than to include these categories in a written spending plan when needed.
Financial counseling services
Below is a list of all the services Crown Money Map Coaches offer participants:
- Get a true financial picture of your situation and current state of your finances. For example, some people may not be aware their housing expenses are too high and are making it difficult to have money for other important budget categories.
- Create a spending plan with common spending categories and use percentage guidelines to determine if spending categories are out of balance with common benchmarks.
- Start tracking spending and measure spending against a spending plan to actively manage your finances.
- Learn the value of a freedom account and how to set it up to plan for future expenses that don’t occur each month.
- Help create a debt reduction plan and determine your debt free day.
- Learn Biblical financial principles about stewardship, debt, giving, saving, spending, family, work and more.
- A coach can also be helpful when individuals or couples aren’t experiencing immediate issues, but need to speak to someone about financial decisions such as buying a car or a house.
If you’re thinking about exploring financial counseling check out the below links to get more information about finding a Money Map Coach in your area, or talking to a coach on-line.