I’m pleased to be hosting the Yakezie blog carnival this week. The Yakezie is a personal finance blog network I joined several months ago to connect with other personal finance bloggers. The bloggers work together to highlight articles from around the network and help each other learn more about blogging.
The blog carnival travels from blog to blog each week and is similar to a personal money management magazine full of different articles about personal finance. Enjoy the posts in this week’s carnival and visit www.Yakezie.com to learn more about the network and connect with the bloggers.
Sandy from Yes, I am Cheap presents: Reader Advice: Pia 401K or Debt. My reader Pia is in a pickle. Pia decided to not repay consumer debts and now they come back to haunt her. Do you have any advice to help her?
Amanda from Frugal Confessions presents: Holiday Article: 23 Things to Do Instead of Spending Money. Did you spend too much over the holidays? How about spending less from your budget this month in order to mitigate what you have to take out of savings. Here are 23 ideas to keep you entertained in the meanwhile so that you don’t have to sit around and twiddle your thumbs (like my grandfather would do).
Neal Frankle from Wealth Pilgrim presents: How Much Does It Cost To Start A Small Business? If you are considering starting a small business, this is the most important question you can ask yourself. And you have to answer this question with a great deal of certainty before you can responsibly launch your small business.
Kris from Everyday Tips and Thoughts presents: More Great Financial Advice From the Media Don’t Rush To Pay Off Your Mortgage. Don’t always trust what the media tells you. In the case of the financial article evaluated in this post, there was a definite conflict of interest.
Jacob from My Personal Finance Journey presents: My Current Financial Goals – Short Term, Mid-term, and Long Term. A description of my revised financial goals (short, intermediate, and long term) for the 2011 year ahead.
Darwin from Darwin’s Money presents: Present Value of Money Explained. One of the most important financial concepts is also one of the most misunderstood. Make sure you understand the Present value of Money – with these real life examples. It will save you thousands!
More Articles from the Yakezie Network
Finally, here are some recent articles from the Yakezie network. Scroll through the list and read some of the articles that spark your interest!
- Eating Out on a Budget
- How To Make $2,000 A Month In Online Income
- Wachovia to Wells Fargo Transition
- Lottery Winners Give It All Away
- Man Tries to Rob a Restaurant With an iPhone
- How to Create SMART Financial Goals – Are They Relevant?
- Friday Links
- 10 Free Ways to Improve Your Mood
- Keeping warm during winter
- Helping One Person at a Time with Micro-Giving Network Love Drop
- How to Win Big Deals
- Why You Need a Home Inventory
- Real life soap opera
- My Stealth Emergency Fund?
- What People Pay Shouldn’t Change Our Behavior
- How Being Absentminded Resulted In A $2750 Year-End Windfall
- Book Review – Psych Yourself Rich by Farnoosh Torabi
- Dumb Things People Do Volume IV: Packaging Items Poorly
- Can Rich People Get to Heaven?
- “1 Down, 51 To Go” Link Roundup
- How to Save Money on Your Grocery Bill
- New Year’s Resolution: I Quit!
- WEALTH IN LIFE: PERSISTENCE LEADS TO SUCCESS (Part 1)
- A Challenge with Receipts
- Fashion Friday: Shopping Tips
- 31 Day Budget (Day 7): Setting Goals
- Friday Night Likes
- Weekend Ramblings and PF Blog Love: Homeless Man Edition
- Do What? Down There?
- Financial Goal : Getting out of Debt
- Free Home Exchange Websites for Exchanging Vacation Homes
- Has Travel Made Me Dumber?
- Help a Reader: Max Out Retirement Savings or Pay Off the Mortgage
- In Today’s Economy
- 30 Things Broke People Say (That Keep The Broke)
- Save Money on Banking
- Andrew Luck Stays in School: What Would You Have Done?
- I Love Amazon Prime and Thanks for Shopping Through My Amazon Link
- Lending Club (January 2011 Update)
- Finding Your “Something”
- How To Make Financial Resolutions Without Failing
- Frugal Confessions – Frugal Living
- Top Referrers for December and for 2010
- Why the Self-Employed Are STILL Smarter Than You
- Weekend Reading – This is Why America’s In Trouble Edition
- Investigating Mutual Funds… is Sort of Fun
- Cost of a Sprained Ankle (Ouch!)
- How Big Is Your Business Problem?
- The First Love Drop Is Now Live!
- Words Worth Repeating
- Is Money Your God Round Up?
- 2011 Financial and Life Goals
- How Your Financial Situation Affects Your Life Insurance Rate
- Credit Score Roulette
- Trending Up: 1 Store’s Effect on my Budget and Food Bill
- 2010 Charitable Contributions Wrap-Up
- Using Flex Spend to Save on Taxes